Being tall some might see as a luxury as your glamorous, you have the height of a supermodel and your legs look amazing all the time, but trust me it's nothing like that at all we have our fair share of problems which I'm going to share, due to myself being 5'11 and 3 quarters, I've had to endure all of these things, so please share me some pity.
Taylor Swift is me with guys.
1. When people ask me if I play any sports?
I know exactly what they mean, they are assuming I'm a professional basketball player or a volley ball player from my height and they are so shocked when I tell them I'm a lazy so and so and I do bugger all, all day! Although I was soooo damn good at Netball at school!
2. Dress or Shirt?
You know when you buy a beautiful new dress and you can't wait to wear it tonight when you go out with your friends, you get home and you put the dress on and immediately it looks like you are just wearing a shirt and there is no way in hell you could get away with wearing this dress unless you wore a pair of legging which makes you think, whats the bloody point in wearing this dress?
3. Awkward dancing with your friends.
We all do this when your in a club with all your chums and your favourite song comes on, all you wanna do is freaky dance to it, but being tall makes this a little bit harder as you are standing out against all your shorter friends. THIS IS NOT FUN, I REPEAT THIS IS NOT FUN!!
4. Wearing Heels.
Wearing heels is in my opinion like the sexiest thing you can do on a night out, yeah it hurts like a bitch but as long as you legs look sexy that's all that matters in my opinion, but being my height makes this a bloody hard job. I don't want to be the girl when all my friends are wearing heels, I have to opt for flats just to be nearer the same height as them, but at the end of the day il still be taller :'(
5. Leg room.
Being on a flight, at the cinema or on a train you will never have enough leg room, you will always be crushed and no matter what position you get in you will never be comfortable, end of.
6. Feeling terrible at concerts/movies.
Ive had this experience before where you are at a concert and the person behind you is moaning that they cannot see because there is a green giant in front of them, but I'm sorry I paid the same amount as you so I am not going anywhere. I always end up being quite nasty to the short people around me, but it cannot be helped I was privileged with these legs so hahahahaha.
8. Shoes - Jeans
Being tall usually means that you have large feet and this is so bloody hard to find a pair of shoes in your size and nice shoes at that. You walk into a shop and ask do they do your size and you always get the expression that says 'are you Big Foot?' It's so depressing! Finding jeans or any trousers that fit your leg length is also a mission. I would shop at Long Tall Sally, if it wasn't called Long Tall Sally.
9. Men
I swear down tall men are only interested in small girls and short men are interested in tall girls, what is with that? Whenever I go out I'm on the hunt for a tall Mr Grey and what do I get? the shortest guy in the club, I don't want to break my neck dancing with you, sorry.
10. Meeting new people.
The first time someone meets someone tall the first thing they say is "God! you're so tall!" If you meet a tall girl do not say this to them, they already know.
So I hope you have enjoyed my little insight into being a tall girl, lemme know what you think and if you agree or disagree or whether you have any more points I can add?
x



Every pair of jeans/pants I own is ankle length, even if they're not supposed to be. It's the worst!!
ReplyDeleteit's so hard to find the right jeans, I usually go to TopShop in their Tall section its generally really good. xx
DeleteAbsolutely love your post! This is an interesting subject and I've never (or seldom?) read about that!
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://trend-mae.blogspot.com/
Haha, thanks xx
DeleteI'm tall aswell but tall girls rock!
ReplyDelete[new blog post up]
LifeWithFrancesca x
It has it's perks, but I mainly hate it. I'd happily be shorter. xx
DeleteHahah I'm not tall myself but have heard ALOT of those from my, errr, taller friends! Especially the heels, jeans & guys ones!! I'm 5'4", so pretty short, but I'm like rrrright on the edge of "petite" length and their "regular" length, so they seem to either be too short or too long a lot of the time still :/ gahh! Height problems.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! :D
Cachoo Joo
aww, im so jealous. I'd much rather be your height than mine, do you wanna swap? ;) xx
Delete
ReplyDeleteBabe! I adore your blog soo much!! I’m your newest follower on Bloglovin’ :-) .. Hope you like my blog too and follow back!
Love,
Noor
http://queenofjetlags.com
Thanks very much, il check it out :) xx
DeleteOh, how I can sympathise with the awkward tall girl dancing, I agree NOT fun!! xx
ReplyDeletemessing with a dreamer
It's awful, I hate it!
ReplyDelete